Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A photographic Journey thru Washington DC: Day 1, March 27, 2010 - Monuments, Memorials & More...

(Thomas) Jefferson Memorial




Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial




Hmm, what do we have going on here?

I had to come in & take a closer look...

Acro-yoga is what my friend, Melvin, called it.

The C/Korean War Memorial



The (Abraham) Lincoln Memorial


The Washington Memorial



The WWII Memorial




gotta represent!

Entering the Vietnam War Memorial...(going to all these memorials in one day just gave me an eerie feeling. It reminded me of how often this country has gone to war and is STILL actively in two wars and probably more that we don't know about. How many more memorials will fill DC? How many more wars does this country have to be involved in and fight in?)



I guess I shouldn't refer to this as The White House because the people living in it are no longer "white". The only thing that's white about the White House now is probably the paint job.

The US treasury

DC metro