Saturday, October 17, 2009

Untitled 10.17.09

I tip toe cautiously around the borders of love
If I lean one way, I may fall in
a fear from losing myself in the process.
If I lean the other way, I find myself trapped
Within the walls of emotional protection where no one can enter.

So I try to walk a straight line
But get pulled at from both sides.
When someone like me loves deeply
It hard to walk the straight line
And avoid the cracks in the concrete.

Timing, place and connection
Is everything when it comes to love.

So, I tip toe cautiously around its borders
And try to walk a straight path
Not chasing love
but building love
Within me.

That way when love comes with timing and connection in the right place.
I won’t fall down from it
I won’t run from it.
But I will be strong enough to meet it
Grow with it beside me, within me.
Taste the bittersweet that flows from it.

And strengthen my stride.