Sunday, November 8, 2009
In Your Eyes
Tonight I still assisted my mom in cleaning out the boxes that were in my room and discovered, well, some more things. Pictures and letters from past relationships. We're talking high school and junior high, haha...man! But, what was really cool to find were the different programs I ran in college and the different letters that students wrote to me that I worked with. I didn't realize that thru all these years, I had touched the lives of so many people and I still find myself committed to this. In my everyday, in my career. I'm sure it's the reason why I became a social worker because I realized that my happiness lied in helping others find their own happiness and own journey, as I have with my life.
In Your Eyes, a song that we used to play at retreats in high school and college. This song holds sentimental value for me. After cleaning thru old memories, I found it to be appropriate. Thanks for allowing me to share. The work and the mission to help others find their path and happiness, continues on.