Friday, May 29, 2009

"Cursed by Fate"

Everywhere I look, wherever I go
Your essence lingers with the passing of time
And instead of your presence erasing like morning mist upon my window
It just gets stronger and more defined
Through each passing day

And nostalgic cycles of memories flutter rapidly in my mind
Contrasting the slow pulsing that my heart extracts
I feel my body relax under the power of your presence
Only you can cast that spell of emotional illusion over me
No other can bring that same force that seems to elevate me into another state
Another place
Each waking moment gives me visions of your face
I travel distances and miles but nothing seems to erase
Our connection of unexplainable attraction

Reciprocal, mutual, although you may deny it
You know you can’t fight it because unknown forces always seem to bring us together unexpectedly

Though we wishfully try to ignore it
It is still there and may always be there
Because of history between you and me
And before there was this there existed a we
Cut short by the boundaries of our destinies and living realities

You still have the ability to touch the inner me
Release me, because you changed me
When you set me free unwillingly
You respected me and what was to be
And now I thank you a thousand times in my memory

Though we travel different paths and walk down separate roads
Fate just always brings you to me
Whatever it is, a reality or mere fantasy
I wonder if time will bring us to where we need to be.
Presently, I’ll be thinking, cursed by you in my memory.