Being my first battle ever, I don't really care if I win or not, I'm just looking forward to the experience and the beginning of a journey into the unknown within my dancing. Already, I am feeling motivated to improve and I have something to look forward to. I am training hard and my dancer friends wanna train with me. Already, it is turning out to be a beautiful experience. I am really looking forward to my growth as a dancer and I am grateful and appreciative for all the individuals that are joining me on this path of amazing opportunity ahead.
On that note, since training started this past weekend after I made my decision, you know I couldn't miss out on my DEEP Memorial Day experience. We were blessed with DJ Timmy Regisford from Shelter in NYC, one of the most famous house clubs in house history.

His set was amazing! I could not stop dancing to all the famous house songs that he was playing. I knew many of them from the mixes I had, but it was great to finally hear them live as they bumped from the DEEP speakers and filled the room. It moved us, and we danced all night long until 4am! It was a good opportunity for me to explore my dance vocabulary and I definitely experimented that night while having so much fun. It's time for me and the music to be one.
This was a word from Marques Wyatt, the residential DEEP house dj, about the amazing experience:
A Note from Marques:
It was indeed a Memorable Day weekend at Deep last Sunday. Timmy Regisford wasted no time in coming out of his shirt to immediately deliver the message that he meant business. His signature Shelter arsenal was quickly injected into the bloodstream of the Deep faithful, leaving us all intoxicated for the next 4 hours with no known vaccine. It quickly became obvious that he was heavily armed with hot-off-the-press Shelter mixes of Prince, Peven Everett, Fela Kuti, Donnie Hathaway (yep...you read it right), and a plethora of others...so we intuitively braced ourselves for the soul tsunami headed towards us. We survived! Also, the Deep pod was in the fullest effect on stage (that includes you too, Tak and Rina ;-)) and apparently inspired some to showcase a few rather unique dance moves of their own (return of the Happy Dancer, Zanne;-)). Believe it or not Kid-n-Play were in the building (cool kats by the way) which inspired Big Cee and yours truly to pay "Houseparty" respects and do a little jig in tandem (brought Zanne to her knees! haha). Timmy you are a warrior and never cease to amaze us.
Upstairs in the Deep Loft the Sarcastic Crew were laying down some serious grooves. DJ Harvey and Paul T were a two man wrecking crew (shop that is). It was truly beautiful up there (I'm not just talking about you, Karen ;-)). The vibe was amazing and original Deep fam members were abundant. It was an unexpected reunion and so good to see you all. That performance definitely deserves a repeat...Let's do it again soon fellas. Big ups to Heidi for helping us make it happen.
and of course, the last event before I head out to NY:
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
4TH OF JULY DEEP SPECIAL EVENT!
Saturday, July 4th
VENICE GETS DEEP
At the AC SUPPER CLUB
625 Lincoln Blvd (3 blocks South of Rose)
Venice
8PM - 2 AM
HDI will be exciting this year with an LA Open House contingent coming out and representing in the battles. NYC, get ready, LA is coming your way! =)