Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Canada



I made a last minute decision to go to Toronto, Canada next Tuesday. I'll be staying there for 8 days and meeting my dad's side of the family that lives there for the first time. I'm SO excited! More family to meet and my first time in Canada! Even more so, Caribana (the video above), I'll be able to check out, which is the largest Carribean festival in ALL of North America! SANO, Emiko's husband, told me about it and it worked out with my schedule, so I am able to participate in this year's Caribana events =) I'm glad that my wishes to go to another country every year has worked out. Canada is close to the US, so the flights were pretty affordable. Canada and NY this summer and my New Year's will be in Tokyo. I'm so lucky to have an amazing 2009. I got my job back also with a raise. I'm now permanent status which means that my job is secure for sure. I'm definitely thankful and blessed to have had such amazing opportunities and rewards this year, making way for future travel and opportunity =)